Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Orange Creamsicle Sugar Body Scrub


This body scrub smells amazing, works great and is made with natural ingredients. You will find that most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen!

I made a lot of Christmas gifts last year and this was one of them. When my aunt opened hers to smell it - she loved the smell so much she tasted it (I am not joking). She then passed it around for every one to try (technically you can eat it, but I have not and do not recommend it). Since she ran out of it she keeps telling me she wants to order it. I made a big batch the other night and thought I would share it here with all of you! :)

Ingredients:

6 to 6 1/2 cups of sugar
(You can use a mix of oils or just 1. You will need 1 1/2 cups of oil total. This is the mix I use because each one of the following oils are good for your skin.)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 canola oil
2 tablespoons water
6 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon or more orange essential oil (I would start there and then add more if you want, I always add more)

Start by measuring out the sugar into a large bowl. In a measuring cup pour in the oils to 1 1/2 cups, then add the rest of the wet ingredients and stair a few times. Combine the oil mixture with the sugar and mix it all together.


Store in a glass container with a lid.


  This batch will make 4 jars this size with some left over.

Enjoy
J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...