Friday, April 25, 2014

Banana split cheesecake dip, oh my!

I really enjoy a blended ice cream, I order a banana split when I go to an ice cream restaurant. This recipe is a banana split cheesecake dip. I got the recipe from one of my wonderful best friends. She made it for a book club get together. I only had a low fat cream cheese block, so it came out thinner than if I used full fat. It still is very delicious. I first threw the ingredients together with out the maraschino cherries at first and it looked boring. Then I kept thinking of a banana split and there's cherries on top so I chopped some up and put them on top. You can mix it in, I just thought this looked prettier for presentation.

Here's the recipe.

1 8oz cream cheese, room temp
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup of crushed pineapple, drained
2 strawberries, puréed
1/3 of banana, mushed
5-7 maraschino cherries, finely chopped

Blend all of the ingredient except the cherries, top with the chopped cherries and serve with Nilla wafers.

Enjoy!

-F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...