Friday, April 4, 2014

Drop Cream Scones


I really like scones! Whenever we go to a fair I get excited more for the scone wagon than anything else! 

I found this recipe on Pinterest. It looked pretty easy to make and my favorite - no rolling them out. One day I was talking to my grandma and she was telling me how she rolls out pie dough between wax paper.  I thought this was such a good idea, but it probably wouldn't work for scones since the dough is sticky! 

Drop Cream Scones:

1 1/3 cup Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Coarse/Decorative Sugar

Here's how I made it:

 


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.  Add the heavy cream and mix until just combined.

Drop onto a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. I made 8 biscuits, you can make them smaller and get 12, but I couldn't do it. I like them big! Sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar. Bake for 15-20 min.


They're done! I was cooking something for my husband and I turned off the timer. Whoops! I used my nose and it smelled good so I took them out. I think I got them out just in time.


So delicious! I added a bit of butter and raspberry jam. They are better, in my opinion, than fair scones. I'm so happy, and worried, now I can whip these up in no time!

I hope you make these they are so tasty!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...