Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Egg Potato Stamps


Easter is almost here, so I thought I would do a fun and easy Easter craft. I used one potato for these three stamps, so it is a very budget friendly project. It only took me about 10 minutes from start to finish, including cutting the potatoes, stamping and taking photos.

Here is what I used:
1 potato
A knife
Paint
Paper
Paint brush (optional) 


I cut the potato in threes and then carved out designs on each one. I also shaved the side of one to make it look more egg like. To get the stamps to sit nicely for the photos I cut the backs off of the two ends ones. You might want to do that too for less mess.


I used the paint brush to paint the stamp with two colors. I also just dipped them into the paint like any other stamp, I liked that way the best.

I think it would be fun to cut the potatoes in different ways with different shapes, to make potato stamps for any occasion not just Easter.
Have fun and get messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...