Wednesday, April 16, 2014

MS Walk 2014




On Sunday, April 14th, we (the Three Peas) and some other great friends walked 4.6 miles to help raise money and awareness for MS.  Instead of writing separate posts, we decided to combine it into one post with each of us adding our 2 cents.  We all had a great time and we look forward to doing this walk and more in the future!     

Jamie:
With being sick with a cold (yes again) and having complications with my foot because of the MS, I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it. I did and wanted to go again after! I love walking and hiking and the thought that someday I may not be able to sucks (a lot), but let's focus on the positive - I can now and I did!

I did it with my two peas who are amazing. No matter what I am going though (or what crazy idea I have) these two girls are always right by my side and for that I am very thankful for them. Thank you both for always supporting me and having my back, I love you both!

I also got to hang out with some other dear friends, 10 month old twins I adore and I met a new friend who also has MS. I can't wait to do it again next year! :)



 J

Felicia:
On Sunday we did a walk in support of our Jamie who has MS. It was a beautiful day! Jamie and I got there and went to a bunch of booth's and picked up supplies and info for MS fighters. 

They had a banner there that we signed.

 

To tell you the truth I wasn't sure if I could make it. I'm not exactly in the best shape. We walked 4.6 miles! I couldn't believe it. I'm so proud of Jamie for getting out there and walking on a hurt foot.

We learned a lot about what we will do next year - like I need to bring a hat! I sunburned my scalp! I think we made good time. We were not first to get back but we were not last either!


This is us, I'm taking the picture, at the finish line!

Jamie wants to start doing more walks for charity. Now that I know I can handle it, I say bring it on! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend like we did!

F

Beth:
This walk was a lot of fun!  We didn't realize just how many people would be there though.  It was less of a walk and more of a stroll for most of the time, but either way I was feeling it by the time we were done!  The weather was perfect, everyone was in a great mood and (hopefully) a lot of money was raised.  I was really glad we were able to go out and show our support for Jamie.  There are lots of times when there is nothing we can do to support her, so it was great being able to do something.  Jamie says she wants to do lots more walks, and I am looking forward to doing as many as I can with her.

Now, here is a bunch of pictures we took during the day.  Of course, we never actually managed to get a picture of the three of us, but next time for sure!

B


 

























1 comment:

  1. Fun times ladies :) I enjoyed meeting you all and spending the time with you!! I almost made it, but enjoyed all the fabulous support by many!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...