Thursday, April 10, 2014

30 Days of Exercise...I'm exhausted already!

So yesterday I made a decision - No More Excuses!  I have been trying to find motivation to workout for what seems like forever.  I am very easily swayed to not exercise...I need to make dinner, we got home late, I'm sore from doing something else, I don't want to...trust me - my internal list of reasons why I don't want to workout is endless.  There are only 2 main reasons I want to workout so sometimes they get drowned out by the reasons not to...I want to be healthier in general and I want to be healthier when we decide to have kids.  I already have things that work against me and there aren't a lot of things I can do about them, my age (not that I'm old, but I'm not young anymore either) and having fibromyalgia being the two biggest.  Exercising and being healthy is something I can control, so why am I wasting time!? 

To kickstart my new attitude I decided to challenge myself to do something everyday for 30 days.  EVERY. DAY.  Mostly I plan to do P90X, which is surprisingly easier for me to do than I thought it would be.  One of the trickiest things about exercising for me is that I cannot do the same thing every day, I have to do different things or my fibromyalgia will kick in big time.  I also can't do the same thing for an extended period of time (Even folding laundry can kick my ass if I do it for too long).  Taking a walk every day is actually harder for me sometimes than doing P90X because you change what you do for each day of the week.  It also doesn't hurt (haha) that you can go at your own pace - you control how intense your workout is.  So I can build up how hard I work as the weeks go by, instead of jumping into it and doing max intensity right away.  I actually made it 6 weeks into the 12 week program last year, then I went on a trip and totally fell off the wagon lol.  I also plan to do some walking, like this Sunday I am doing the 4 mile MS Walk with Jamie and a bunch of friends.  For the days I am truly too sore to workout (like next Monday after walking 4 miles), I am planning to do some yoga.  It's as hard as everything else, but usually the stretching involved helps...after I am all done, not so much while I am doing it. 

Well that's enough of my rambling.  Has anyone else found motivation to actually workout this year?  I have been trying since New Years (it is one of my resolutions)!!  Wish me luck!          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...