Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Brioche breakfast Bread Pudding



I use to make this extremely delcious bread egg casserole dish. I cannot find the recipe and no one that I made it for can either! This is very delcious but not quite extraordinary like the other recipe. I'm determined to find it.

I found a beautiful brioche loaf, really you can use what ever kind you prefer. I'm a fan of brioche and Challah. The original recipe calls for croissants which would be wonderful too! On top of that they have you butter each side of a split croissant. Yum Yum! I didn't slice than butter, I just cubed, I like the look of that more than slices.

Recipe

1 loaf of brioche
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
4 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Maple or pancake syrup about 3 Tablespoons

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 9 by 13 baking pan.

Cubed your bread loaf, I spilt in half top and bottom then slice in 1/2-1 inch sections. Pour cubes into prepared pan.

In a big bowl slightly beat eggs, add milk and cream, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and salt. Beat well and pour over the bread cubes. Lightly push down the cubes to help soak the cubes. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Pour syrup over the top and let sit for 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...