Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies



Oh my! Why haven't I done this before. This is what my dreams are made of. I enjoy baking cookies and often my chocolate chip cookies are asked for with glee. I have been trying to satisfy a craving of mine. I finally figured out it is the best coffee flavored sweet treat. I use to eat this Mocha almond fudge ice cream and the company doesn't make it any more. It was so yummy! I guess that's not true, they do, now they put the actually nuts in and before it was smooth and amazing and now it's chunky for some reason I don't like it.

This is hitting my craving on the nose. I searched Pinterest and found nothing that piqued my interest. So I just took my standard recipe and added a packet of instant coffee. Just to see how it goes, I was thinking I would need to add 2, I found that 1 was plenty.

I was thinking while they were baking that I will make these in the summer to make ice cream sandwiches. I'm so excited!

This recipe has been adapted from Nestle Toll House

Recipe:

2 sticks of butter or 1 cup, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 generous teaspoon vanilla (meaning it's ok to spill, I do it on purpose here)
1 single serving packet of instant coffee, I would guess 1/2 - 1 teaspoon
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Prepare 2 half sheet baking pans, I use a silpat you can line with foil or parchment or nothing!

Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.

In a large bowl mix butter and sugars with a hand mixer until light a fluffy.

Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, mix in instant coffee as well.

I just add my dry ingredients all at once and I don't mix before hand since I'm using a hand mixer. If you are using a stand mixer I would measure into a small bowl and mix before adding to the dough. Mix until combined and clean your beaters. Grab a spatula to hand mix the chocolate chips in. I use a medium size scoop for the cookies, about 1 Tablespoon, after filling 1 pan I place in the oven for about 9 minutes. Bake until the edges set for soft gooey cookies. Bake for 10 1/2 - 11 minutes for firm cookies.

I hope you like these as much as I did! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...