Monday, March 9, 2015

The Best BBQ Sauce


I have been waiting for the right time to bring out my BBQ - and I just couldn't wait any longer!!  I was so excited that I forgot to make sure I had everything I need - like BBQ sauce that wasn't expired!  So I decided to make my own.  I was hesitant at first, but I'm so glad I did since it was awesome!  Sweet, smoky, spicy (well, for me but not anyone else) - but not too much of any one of those - which to me makes it perfect!

The Best BBQ Sauce:
Print Recipe

1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4-1 tsp liquid smoke (to taste - I just poured a little in but I think it was about 1/2 tsp)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
4 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

Combine the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.  Turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.

It was so easy, and I think it will work really well on just about any type of meat!!  I adapted the recipe from here

Since I think it looks so yummy right on the grill - here is an extra picture!  I love how crispy the outside gets on a BBQ.  We had this for lunch and then I ate the rest cold all day...I will definitely have to make extra next time! 


 Now I just have to figure out the best way to clean my grill LOL

Have a great day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...