Monday, March 30, 2015

Homemade Ketchup


Once I successfully made BBQ sauce a few weeks ago, Eric and I started making a list other things I could make.  One of the items on our list is ketchup, so I made some this weekend!!  It was really good and a lot more flavorful than 'regular' ketchup.  The recipe is really simple and you can change the flavor any way you would like.

6 ounces tomato paste
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine the ingredients and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.  Let sit until completely cool and store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.

The original recipe is from here.  I think I might try apple cider vinegar next time, just for fun :)

Have a great day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...