Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cheeseburger Soup

So this is my version of Cheeseburger soup. I see a lot of recipes with a bunch veggies in the soup and it is a good way to get veggies into your family. I was set out to make a soup that tasted like a cheeseburger!

Since I was trying it for the first time I wrote down notes of what I would change! I added tomatoes in the beginning and I think I would throw them in at the end. I would try different cheese like blue cheese along with something that melts well. I would add mushrooms and caramelized onions.

I really wanted a beefy soup that wasn't as heavy as a stew. So this is what I came up with!

Recipe

1 tablespoon of oil
4 slices of bacon
1 celery stick diced
1 tomato diced
1 lbs ground beef
3 cups chicken broth
3 large russet potatoes diced
1/4 butter
1/4 flour
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheese (I did half Gruyere and half Mexican blend)
Salt
Pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dry minced onion (didn't have fresh)


In a large pot heat oil at medium heat. Add celery bacon and tomatoes (like I said above I would add these at the end) season with salt and pepper, cook for about 6 minutes. Add ground beef, season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion. Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, cover,  then bring down to a simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Meanwhile in a small pot heat butter on low, when melted add flour. Whisk for a minute and slowly add milk. When it has thickend remove from heat. Add milk mixture or rue to the soup. Turn off heat and slowly mix in cheese. Serve and enjoy!

Sorry I don't have a picture right now I was planning on posting this later. I will have one up tonight!

It's raining today so this soup would be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...