Thursday, March 19, 2015

Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Tenderloin


I bought a pork tenderloin a few weeks before we started making our meals without oils or butter.  My original plan was to make pork medallions with sauteed apples and onions (mmmmm...) -  unfortunately that wasn't an option anymore.  So I searched Pinterest and found this recipe.  Eric loves balsamic vinegar so I thought it would be a hit, but he said he liked the flavor but didn't like the 'shredded' texture...bummer!  However, I think a lot of people will like both so I decided to share it anyways.  It is very easy - it takes about 10 min of prep and then you just cook it in your slow cooker for your desired length of time.  I used mine frozen, so I set it to cook for 8 hours.  I also flipped it about halfway through since the juices only cover about halfway up the tenderloin.

Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
PRINT RECIPE  

1 2-3 pound boneless pork tenderloin 
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth 
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I didn't add this, but I would next time) 
1 tablespoon soy sauce 
1 tablespoon honey 
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optiona
2 cloves garlic, chopped

Place pork tenderloin into your slow cooker. Mix together all of the ingredients and pour over pork. Set the timer for your slow cooker. (6-8 hours on Low)  Once pork tenderloin has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs and a serving spoon. Break apart lightly with two forks. You can either ladle about 1/4 – 1/2 cup of gravy over pork tenderloin or leave it. I added plain cooked rice to the remaining gravy and let it heat up in the slow cooker for 20-30 minutes for the side dish.

Enjoy!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...