Friday, March 20, 2015

Asparagus Gruyere Tart



Welcome Spring! I wanted to find something to help bring me out of the winter food. Though I love comfort stews and casseroles, I've noticed I have been craving fresh and light food.

I really like puff pastry and to me it's always the star. I haven't ever made it though. I'm too nervous, I'm afraid I won't want the easy ready made stuff. That always happens to me. I never really liked Twinkies but my husband does. I got a pan and made my own. They were so delcious. I have made Ho-Ho's too same thing. I have seen quick puff pastry recipes, I should give it a try, At least then I'll have a quick version.

Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or silpat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Recipe

1 sheet puff pastry thawed
2 Tablespoons honey dijon mustard
2 cups grated gruyere cheese
1 lb asparagus trimmed (Tip: hold up 1 asparagus and grab both ends and bend where it breaks is where it should be trimmed, line the rest up and chop to the same amount)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tablepoon oil.

Place puff pastry sheet on baking sheet. Score 1 inch around the border, this helps the edge puff up and look like a tart. Brush the mustard on the bottom and not the new edge you made. Sprinkle the cheese on the mustard then lay the asparagus out side by side. Brush the edge with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes.

You can serve this with a side salad for a complete meal.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...