Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Vanilla Wafers (Banna Pudding part one)



I was watching a cooking show over the weekend and the chef made a banana pudding entirely from sratch. With my son's therapies in the morning and school in the afternoon there's not enough time to do it all at once. His birthday is coming up too and I need to spend my free time arranging things. I'm determind to make this even if takes two days!

This is part one. Making the vanilla wafers

Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment or silpats.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.

Recipe

1 stick or 8oz of butter
3/4 cups sugar
1 egg, room tempreture (here's a quick tip to bring an egg to temp, place egg in shell in a bowl cover with hot tap water and set timer for 5 minutes)
2 Tablespoons vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt


In a large bowl add butter and sugar, with your hand mixer on medium speed, beat until fluffy about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla mix for 20 seconds or so. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Scoop by teaspoonfulls on to baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes and let cool.

I think I will make these and keep them in stock my family loves these. Of course they taste better than the boxed versions.

I might be in trouble and need to make more they are super tasty!

Stay tuned I will post the rest of the recipe on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...