Friday, March 6, 2015

Amazing chicken casserole

This recipe was a fail, only because my child and husband didn't care for it. Otherwise it was perfect for me. I like lemon in my savory dishes. I should have known it wouldn't work. When I had posted about it some of my girlfriends popped up and said "sounds good to me." I think this is a great casserole for a ladies lunch.

I got the recipe from here.

Recipe:

2 cups of cooked chicken, diced
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup diced celery
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 Tablespoon grated onion
1 Tablespoon lemon
1-2 cups cooked rice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
1 Tablespoon melted butter

Pre heat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Butter a 9 by 7 baking pan.

Mix all ingredients together well except corn flakes and butter. Pour into prepared dish. In a small bowl mix butter and crushed cereal, sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake for 25 minutes.

The original recipe called for 3 hard boiled eggs and 2 cups of cooked or 1 cup minute rice. I made do with what I had. I think it turned out great. Someday I'll try the original.

Can you believe we caught another cold so I didn't take a picture last night. My head feels like it's splitting. Mine looked a lot like the link so if you need a picture reference check them out.

I hope you enjoy it as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...