Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Quick sugar cookies



I wanted to try this recipe knowing it wouldn't be as good as Beth's cookies. They do get the job done and a bonus there is no refrigeration time. I still rolled mine out to cut shamrock shapes. You could use a cookie scoop then flatten them with the bottom of a glass so they bake evenly.

Recipe

1 cup or 2 sticks butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
5 1/2 cups flour

Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until combined, about 3 minutes, with a hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Mix in sour cream. Add baking soda, salt and flour, you might have to hand mix a little or bits will fly out of the bowl! I cut mine in half and put in the refrigerator. I don't need that many cookies ready to eat! Roll them or scoop them onto your prepared sheets and bake for 7-10 minutes. Let them cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes then put on your favorite frosting or a quick icing below.

I took mine out at 7 minutes. If you like them soft make sure they look pale and not browned on the edges. That's when they turn hard. I iced mine then sprinkled with green sprinkles for St. Patrick's day. My icing is very easy. 1 cup powdered sugar and 4-7 teaspoons of milk. You can also tint with what ever color you like or need.

I hope you try these out they are tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...