Monday, March 2, 2015

My Cleaning Schedule


It's my first day as a housewife, and I am totally not doing anything lol!  I still feel a little like I'm on vacation - but I think that will go away soon.  Even though I am not doing anything today, I need a plan for the rest of my foreseeable future - it will be very easy for me to spend all of my time reading if I'm not careful!!

Here is my solution to keep myself in check - a cleaning schedule.  It sounds boring, and it would be easy to just think 'Duh - just clean up', but I wanted something more stable and inclusive.  I want to remember o clean everything - not just the obviously dirty ones!  Since you cannot possibly read the words in the picture above - here are some closer pictures...



 So I gave myself a list of Daily Chores which includes: The dishes, wiping the counters and table off, the kitchen floor, a load of laundry and a 10 minute tidy for the rest of the house.

The second list is a breakdown of when the Monthly Chores are done in each room.  For example - the bedrooms are deep cleaned every January, May and September.  Basically, every four months the entire house is deep cleaned - and then I start over.  Just in case anyone notices - I didn't forget the dining room, but I plan to do it at the same time as the living room (I just didn't want to mess up the look of my lists because there wasn't enough room lol).  I could have kept it as a separate section, but then it would have extended the cleaning cycle to 5 months, which I didn't like.  I'm gonna see how it goes and I can always change it up later!




Next, I made a Weekly Chore list, which includes tasks for each day.  This way I have something to do each day, and in theory my house will look clean at any given time...and Yes I am aware that it will not actually work this way but I'm hoping it will at least make it easier to clean up quickly when we are having people over!!  Here's the breakdown:

Monday - Vacuum and Dust Downstairs
Tuesday - Vacuum and Dust Upstairs and Tidy Closets
Wednesday- Sort the Mail, Tidy Desk and File papers and
                    Groom Winda
Thursday - Clean the Fridge and Wipe Down Appliances
Friday - Clean the Bathrooms and Wash Sheets and Towels
Saturday - Garden and Mow Lawn, Tidy Cars and Garage and
                  Do Monthly Chores
Sunday - Prepare Weekly Meals, Tidy Purse and Water House
               Plants

So, not a lot each day but it keeps everything cleaned up and picked up...


Finally, the Monthly Chores.  The top section is the list of things done in every room, followed by specific tasks to each room if needed. 

Every Room: Spot clean walls and dust corners, Wash pillows and throws, Vacuum and wipe down baseboards, Vacuum and wash floors, De-clutter the room, Dust/wash all items, Vacuum vents, Clean light fixtures and switches, Clean blinds, windows and sills.

You get the idea - every item is listed so I don't forget something (like the baseboards) for too long.  It might seem like a lot of things, but since these are things I have an entire month to do it actually isn't that much.  Maybe I'll even decide it's not enough and make the whole cycle two months instead of four months - but I doubt it since this will leave me lots of time to work on my own projects!!




Now that I've shared what I plan to do for my cleaning routine - anyone else have a routine or plan that works great for them?  I'm always interested in new ways to get things done!

Have a great day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...