Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pasta Primavera



I was thinking over the weekend how nice a pasta primavera sounded. So I grabbed what I wanted and threw it together. I can't believe it's spring! I'm not completely ready to let go of winter evidently. I grabbed butternut squash and an eggplant. We have butternut squash here all year long and it I love what it does to pasta dishes. So of course that being said this doesn't look like a normal pasta primavera. It came out a little orange. Still wonderful though.

I have several moments where I crave veggies, I almost could be a vegetarian. This hits the spot and it doesn't take much to put together. By all means you can add what ever veggies you want! Asparagus, peas, carrots, bell pepper, onion and squash are very common in this dish.

Here we go...

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound asparagus
1/2 red onion chopped
1 carrot diced (peeled if you like)
1/2 butternut squash
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water (chicken broth would be so yummy in this, I just didn't have any)
salt and pepper to your liking
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 box (8 oz) pasta I used elbows

In medium pan bring water to a boil for the noodles. Cook as directed.

In a large skillet heat oil and butter at medium heat. Add asparagus, onion, carrot, and butternut squash. Cook for about 8 minutes add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add cream and water or broth if using. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until thickend. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute, add cheese and stir until melted. Add in cooked pasta and spoon into bowls

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...