Friday, January 16, 2015

Teriyaki Sauce



I've been making this for awhile now and I love this recipe. It's easy and doesn't have ginger. I can't have ginger so that limits my Asian cuisine. Not to mention it's cheaper and I can have as much as I want! Wait that's not good. I should have less! I think it's too good to have less, oh well!

I got the recipe from here.

I'm almost to the point of memorizing it. I still double check though, my track record isn't so good!

Recipe

1 1/2 cup water
3/4 cup brown sugar packed down
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon sunflower seed oil or what ever light oil you have

In medium bowl mix water, brown sugar. Soy sauce, and garlic powder well. Add corn starch and stir until completely blended and the color has lightened. Last add oil and pour into a small pot and heat at medium heat. While stirring constantly bring to a boil and cook for one minute and thickened.

Pour over you desired protein and serve with rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...