Friday, January 30, 2015

Progress coming to our home soon.



I have been saying I need to clean and organize my house for awhile now. My son is 5 so that gives you an idea to how long. Oh my! I have been selling some of my son Xander's bigger toys and furniture to make room in our living room. So far it's been going well. I have more to do, but it's starting to look like when we first bought our house. Granted we had a futon and a small coffee table, our living room looked huge. 

My gripe now has been that although we have a wonderful open living room, we don't have storage. Everything I had was pushed up against the walls. I made a box with our couch and love seat which made it look like a living room. I can't wait t get rid of the big couch. My dilemma was where would I seat people? I would like to have a recliner chair, plus we have our dinning room table. I then thought I would like to have a bench under our three windows facing out to the street.

This would be helpful in several ways. Everyone would be able to sit down and take their shoes off. There would be places for people to sit when we have parties. I want cubbies underneath the benches with matching bins to put our shoes. Which reminds me of another helpful reason, it would make room in our closets if our shoes where out in the living room.

I think in two weeks I will finally be ready to begin building. I'm also thinking of making the cushions. I have a particular color theme that of course is not super common so I think I will have better luck making it. 

It feels good to get rid of things. I've heard less is more and I'm starting to understand.

What big projects are you starting, we would love to hear them.

Stayed tune next week and I will share my Super Bowl recipes from this Sunday!

Have a great weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...