Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Chicken Avocado and Lime Soup


 

 

 

I have been making a lot of soups lately because they are fast, easy and yummy as I have been having a really hard time with my legs because of my MS. My husband (like Beth) has never been a fan of soup, he says  it is a waste of space lol. I have slowly been winning him over by making soups with things he loves. This soup is a huge winner, he loves it and told me it is the best one yet. If you like cilantro, lime and avocados you will love it too!


 

 

 
Ingredients:
1tablespoon of olive oil
1 bunch (about a cup or so) of minced green onions, white and green parts
2 seeded and minced jalapeños
4 chopped cloves of garlic
64oz of of chicken broth (I used low-sodium)
3 diced Roma tomatoes
1 to 2 teaspoons of cumin (I used 1, but I will use 2 next time) About 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken (I made a small whole chicken in the crockpot)
1 cup of chopped cilantro
The juice of 2 limes
2 large avocados
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional:
Tortilla chips
Sour cream
Shredded cheese

Directions:
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the onions and jalapeños for about 2 min, then add in the garlic and sauté for about a min more. Then throw in the broth, tomatoes, cumin, salt, pepper and chicken, bring to a boil over medium heat and then turn down to low. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Cube half of an avocado into each bowl and then ladle the soup over it. Top with any optional toppings and enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...