Friday, January 9, 2015

Cabbage Rolls



It's funny how many times I have Pinned cabbage roll recipes. I finally made them! To my surprise my family liked them. My mom would make these for me. I need to get her recipe mine wasn't the same. Not to mention I thought I had a can of tomato sauce so I had to make do with a canned tomatoes mashed up.

I got the recipe from here. It said to peel the leaves and boil the leaves for a few minutes. I broke 4 leaves and gave up. I boiled the whole thing instead. So if you have skills (please share with us how to do it!) you can take the leaves off and if you're like me you can boil the whole thing for about 5-7 minutes.

Recipe

Rolls
1 cabbage
1 cup cooked rice
1 egg slightly beaten
Salt and pepper
1/2 Tablespoon onion flakes
1 pound ground beef
1/4 milk

Sauce
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
4 Tablespoon Dark Brown sugar
1 lemon juiced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.

In a large pot boil cabbage for 5-7 minutes with the lid on. Pull out your 9 by 13 baking pan. In a large bowl mix rice, egg, salt, pepper, onion flakes, beef and milk set aside. Set your cooked cabbage on a cutting board, when it's cool enough pull 12 leaves off. I cut a V at the stem to remove the fibrous part. Grab your meat mixture and you leaves and put them close to your baking pan. Grab a handful of meat and shape into your hand then put it on the top of leaf so that the "V"is on the right side. Then start the roll and tuck the sides in and put the seam side down on the pan. When you have finished rolling them, make the sauce. I smashed the tomatoes in sauce you can also put them in the processed. Mix all the ingredients and pour over the top. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 75 minutes.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...