Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Bean and Cheese Burritos



We don't really need a recipe but it's nice to know about how much you will need. What's great about this is you can make whatever you want. You can do a combo of leftover taco meat and refried beans, roasted veggies and cheese and so much more.

I happen to love bean and cheese. I also baked these instead of deep frying them. I was actually thinking about taquitos for the Super Bowl this weekend. I have a bunch of tortillas and canned fat free refried beans. So I wondered how many I could make with one can. I like having easy, prepped food in the freezer, so I will be making more. They sure do hit the spot!

Recipe

1 can refried beans ( I used fat free )
8 small flour tortillas
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Oil for brushing


Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Pull out a medium size baking sheet, put a piece of foil if desired, oil the pan.

Lay out your tortillas, beans and cheese. Put about 1/4 cup beans on a tortilla, sprinkle with a small handful of cheese, roll up tucking ends in as you go. Place on pan, finish the rest. When all of your burritos are done brush tops with oil. Bake for 8 minutes flip and bake for 8 more minutes. You can increase to 10 minutes on each side if you like them more brown. I wrapped my leftovers and put them in the freezer. When I reheated them they got more brown so it all worked out.

I hope you enjoy as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...