Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Disappearing Peanut Butter Rice Cereal Treats



I like this recipe! Last Sunday we went over to our friends house so that we can all spend time together, Dads, Moms and Kids. I wanted to make the crispy rice cereal treats with marshmallow. So I looked for ideas on good o'l Pinterest and I found this. I was running out of time so I didn't process the recipe in my head. It didn't have any marshmallows, too late I was almost done. It smelled wonderful as I think peanut butter always does! My son could hardly wait. I cut them into squares as instructed and packed some up. I had left overs so I decided to cut the squares in half to make triangles. Since I have a little one in the house his treats don't need to be so big. We did sneak a bite! It was the right thing to do, you have to try it before you serve it!

Recipe

1 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups crispy rice cereal

In a large pot combine syrup and sugars, bring to just a boil, turn off heat. Add peanut butter mix until smooth and fully combined. Add vanilla and cereal. Pour into a 9 by 13 pan lined with parchment paper. Let cool about 45 min or so.

Of course I start thinking of how to improve this recipe. You can add mini chocolate chips after its cooled down. Just press them into the top so they stick. Of course mini candy coated candies would be great too. Of course my favorite, dip one side into ganache and let cool again.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...