Monday, January 12, 2015

Kitchen Update...Cabinet Color


This weekend we made progress in the kitchen and I'm so excited to share some of it.  We worked on the bookshelf boxes for the pantry wall, and since they are open we had to finally select a cabinet color - yikes!  We have a bit of trouble with picking colors, but this time was slightly easier since I knew what I wanted (grey), I just had to find the right tone.  I have been looking at colors for the cabinets for at least six months and had finally narrowed it down to a few that lived in the kitchen for the last few weeks.  On Saturday I picked up the 2 finalists - both were very similar but with different undertones.  I think we will be really happy with the color we chose - Dovetail by Sherwin-Williams.  It has a taupe-y undertone, instead of a steel/blueish undertone, that I think works well with the grey we used for the walls and the stainless steel appliances.  It also works great with the dining room color that will be shown above the pantry cabinets (see the picture over to the right - the pantry cabinets will be the same height as the light grey wall, so the darker grey will extend around 12" above the cabinets).  The colors are very similar, but the cabinet color is maybe 30% lighter.  There will be a lot of grey in the kitchen, especially with a whole wall of pantry cabinets, but it will be offset with the white tile and white upper cabinets.  It will be a great way to show off pops of color in the kitchen, and it will be easy to change out the kitchen decor without having to change anything but the accessories. 

Here is a reminder of what my inspiration kitchen looks like:


Find it Here
  We really went back and forth (well, mostly me...for months!) about whether we wanted the pantry to be grey or white.  It's a lot cabinets (approx 10'x10') and it is the wall you face from the living room - so it is a focal wall - and I finally decided that the grey would be less of a focal point than the white would be.  Plus, they will be easier to keep clean!!  We are still pretty far from painting all the cabinet doors (way too cold!!), but it will be awesome to have all of the storage available in the pantry!!

Now I just have to paint and sand those bookshelf boxes this week...

Have a great day!
Beth   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...