Thursday, January 8, 2015

Potty Training Update



So Xander has been doing better! We finally got him to poop on the potty. Then he wanted to poop all day! Because I gave him hot wheels, it was such a big deal I wanted him to know that! Well then when we stopped giving them to him he stopped as well. We have recently been trying no toys or TV until he starts trying to go all the time. He gets so distracted by that stuff and I can't be standing over him all the time to make him go. We do have a potty timer that when he does earn his toys back I will set up for him. I want to encourage him to continue going. He will be 5 soon so next begining school year he will need to take care of him self. I feel this summer will be a good time to support him in this as well.

I know that gifting for everyday normal activities is not good but I was desperate. I wish there were potty parties. It's so much easier to learn with other kiddos as well as your own gender. When my husband showed him how he goes potty we had huge success. It's a little awkward to ask "hey can my son watch your son go potty?"

I would love to hear your ideas! Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Xander is a special kid and looks at the world completely different from you are I. He doesn't see the potty as a place to put his poops or his pees he see's it as a cash register :D But don't worry, I think if you start letting him go longer between diaper changes and let him swim in it for a while (I know it will stink) he will soon get the point as to 'why' he needs to use the potty just for himself and not for a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...