Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Head Band Holder



I have been wanting to make one of these for quite some time now! I use to have them hanging on the hand towel rings and they would get smooshed.


I picked up a pretty candle holder and emptied out my oats big tube canister. I'm a scrapebooker I have tons of printed and solid paper. Purple is my favorite color so I flipped through what I had and found a perfect page!

Everything is laid out. Canister, paper, candle holder, glue and ribbon.


First cut the paper down to the right height.


I figured putting glue on the canister would work easier. I started off with one line of glue, put the paper on and line it up then I would add a line on then press it down and continue until it was all on.


I was a little skeptical of gluing the candle holder to the canister. I didn't think it would hold. I put glue on the rim and then flipped the canister over and placed the holder on and held it there for about 3 minutes. Nobody is swinging off this so it doesn't have to be perfect. It didn't work. The bottom isn't super secure, when I put my bands on it was so heavy it pushed right through. So I cut out a circle by tracing the canister on a piece of cardboard. I glued that down and then stuck a book on it to hopefully give it enough pressure to stick.

Last I pulled the top out of the lid and put in a cut out of the same pretty paper I put on the canister.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...