Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer Pops



I found these awesome "make your own" small popsicles. I need to make a mental note to pick up more. I'm pretty sure I can reuse them, but in case I can't, I better get more. Their website has a lot of recipes and they are on Pinterest as well.  I can't wait to try some adult recipes as well. I made up a recipe and filled some of the tubes. I had some strawberry lemonade that I really like and some fresh strawberries. The lemonade is a little tart for my son so I threw in a banana and puréed it all together. I'm sure I will have a grand time making recipes for these. They are in the freezer right now so I will tell you how they taste soon. What's great about these is that you can put what ever you want in them. Like purée fruit with a simply syrup or fruit juice. Pear juice is wonderful for popsicle's it pair's well (see what I did there?) with other fruits and doesn't over power the taste.

I'm sorry for the small post. We are feeling a little under the weather today. I had fabulous plans to make cinnamon rolls. Hopefully tomorrow I will make them. Oh that's right I need flour. I have quite the list for the grocery store. I better go write them down before I forget.

I'm excited to have a late Father's day celebration with my Dad and family this weekend. Beth is getting me a recipe on Party Potatoes she said they were delicious, I can't wait to make them. I'm also bringing "frog eye salad" it's my son's favorite. My Mom made it for us when we came to stay with them and it's been in the back of my mind ever since. I love my Mom's cooking. I need a cookbook just on her!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...