Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Flying and brownies


Sorry this post is so late. I dropped my husband off at the airport today. I made these brownies last night for dessert. They didn't look good, but they are! I'm hoping I know what happened, oh darn I will need to make more! My problem was I added too much butter. It doesn't taste like a problem though, in fact I think it needs a glaze or ganache. This is a good example why you shouldn't bake while tired or shop while hungry. I was shopping for a couple of things yesterday and I passed the baking aisle, I love that place! I saw a big batch recipe for brownies and it all started clicking into place.

Here's the recipe!

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups of butter really softened
2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup of Reese's peanut butter chips

Butter a 9 by 13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Mix sugars, flour, and cocoa in a small bowl. Beat butter and eggs and hand stir into dry ingredients. Stir in vanilla and pour half of the batter into prepared pan and smooth out batter. Sprinkle peanut butter chips and pour and smooth out remaining batter.

Bake 30 min and let cool 20-30 minutes.

My husband had whip cream on top of his piece of brownie, I had a bite it was good!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...