Friday, June 13, 2014

Bologna Pâté




I was sitting here reminiscing about my mom's cooking. This recipe always cracked me up. This is what we called Bologna Pâté. It is the most simple recipe ever. The way my mom made it was the best. She had a meat grinder that attached it to the counter. She would hand grind the Bologna. I believe she would process the pickles in a food processor.

I just love this simple recipe!

1 package of Bologna
Bread and butter pickle chips and a little of its juice.
Mayo
Crackers, butter crackers are the best, I use mini multigrain here.

Of course there are not precise amounts.  I process the pickles first, then the Bologna, otherwise the Bologna sticks to the bowl. I put in about a cup of pickles and pulse until finely chopped, put into a small mixing bowl. Then process the Bologna, I usually use a half package, the same way and add to the pickles. I add a little bit of mayo, about a tablespoon, stir and add more if needed. Last I add a little bit of the pickle juice because I like the flavor. We always served with the famous butter crackers. I found these mini multigrain crackers at Trader Joes. Of course serve it in your fanciest bowl because it's a fancy appetizer.

Enjoy your weekend! Don't forget to wish Father's of all sorts out there a Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...