Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I have to try...

Add caption
I'm sure a few of you have figured out that I have been making a few changes in my lifestyle.  There are lots of reasons for doing this, but the main one is preperation for future babies :)  There aren't a lot of better motivations than that!  So I have started slowly eliminating chemicals from most of our daily life (I do still occasionally bleach my white linens, I use a stronger cleaner for my shower and stove than I should, and we still use Febreeze because my cat can stink up the whole house).  I have also been slowly eliminating most processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, and other unnecessary food additives - which means more organic, all natural and real foods in our diet (eating out doesn't count...right??).  Even with this shift in our eating I still eat way too many snacks, carbs, fats (not the good kinds), and generally unhealthy food on a regular basis.  This needs to stop - and being me it will have to be a drastic change - I have no willpower and very little self-control when it comes to food. 

One of the things I have repeatedly and loudly said is that I could never give up bread (or grains/carbs in general).  So now I have to eat my words...too bad it isn't a loaf of bread.  I have spent a lot of time reading about things that can make you healthier, feel better in general, and help with Fibromyalgia - and a lot of things I read say that cutting grains from your diet has an immense effect.  I have resisted this for a while, but I finally decided that I should at least try it and see how it goes.  Honestly, most of what I have read says grains and sugars - but that's not happening (at least not yet).  I may have to give up sourdough bread for lunches, but I am not giving up cookies!  I don't plan to go completely Paleo or anything, and even if I do stick to the grain-free menu it wont be forever (I have no intention of giving up all of my favorite foods forever), this is a way to "detox" from my addiction to grains.  My hope is that I will be able to cut grains from my main diet and use them as treats and on special occassions.  I also plan to try a few of the alternatives to wheat flour, so I am sure I will have some recipes to share.  I am taking a few days to use up what I have in my house, and make a new menu for the next 4 weeks.  I have to admit I'm a little scared!

Wish me luck!  

HAHA - I just realised the song on the radio...

"Well, I've been afraid of changin'

'Cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder"...

Perfect LOL
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...