Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Let's go for a hike!

I would love to show you a picture of how happy Winda was on our walk this weekend...but it wont be a surprise to anyone that I forgot to takes pictures...again!!  I can see it now... "I'm sorry honey, we don't have any pictures of you as a child, because mommy forgot" - seriously, our kids are doomed. Although I'm sure they will appreciate it when they start dating - yeah there are more than a few embarrasing pictures of me I would love to forget, LOL.  The flipside of forgetting to take pictures is knowing that I forgot because I was having fun, enjoying the moment, instead of worring about taking pictures.  Anyways, back to Winda - since I didn't have a picture from our hike in the woods - I thought I would share a few of her because she is just so darn cute.  (I'm gonna have to do a post about Pinky soon so he doesn't get jealous!)

One of the main reasons we took her with us was to see how she did on trails.  We have decided that this year we are going to do more than work on the house every weekend.  One of the things we would like to do is go on day hikes - we live in Western Washington and there are tons of awesome places to visit nearby that we have never been to!  However, because she is a smaller dog, we were concerned that she would get too tired or have trouble getting over/around things in the trails.  She did great - the only problem she had was when I stepped on a stick and it poked her in the face (oops, LOL).  Unlike most dogs (who I am assuming like to lead, based on what I have seen with other dogs we ran across) Winda likes to walk behind me when we are walking - she keeps up and isn't scared, she just doesn't want to be in front unless someone else is ahead of us - silly dog :)

Now that we know she is good with hiking, we are going to start planning a day hiking for early next month (We have a birthday, a wedding and a shower to go to this month so we don't have any extra days to go this month unfortunately).  One of the things I want to get is this book.  Dogs aren't allowed on trails in certain areas (including National Parks), but there are so many places to go where dogs are allowed - and I need some help with figuring out the best places to go :)  The second thing I want to get is this.  Yes, I know it is a little silly - but it is easier than being stuck 3 miles from the car and having to carry her back in my arms.  Plus, it will be easier to carry extra water, a bowl, baggies (new & used), snacks, etc...as well as the things I need for myself.  I figured if I got it and used it a few times this month, she will be a pro at it by the time I really need it.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...