Friday, June 20, 2014

Cinnamon muffins



I wanted cinnamon rolls for breakfast but we slept in a bit. I will make them later. This is an ok recipe. I think I'm going to try some different things next time. I was reading about sifting, I was always thought it was extra work that didn't do anything. I'm beginning to think I should sift more.

I picked this recipe because of the picture. They looked perfect. I know lots of people who need pictures to make recipes. My take on it is that when I make something it usually never looks like the picture so I don't need the pictures. I have a ton, probably acurate assement, of cookbooks. I use them, not all, but quite a few. My dream is to go through each index and type in all of the recipes so that I can search my books instead of the internet. I have several recipes that I remember finding but I don't remember which book it was in.

I like this recipe it has whole wheat flour, uses sunflower seed oil and cinnamon and not too much sugar. I did not get 12 muffins like the recipe said, I will try some of my ideas to see if I can get a tender and bigger muffin.

1/3 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup sunflower seed oil

Topping:
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, line a muffin pan with liners or grease cups.

In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, baking powder and cinnamon. This is where I would sift all of the ingredients, this would also mix the ingredients. In a small bowl beat egg add in milk and oil. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Mix toppings and sprinkle on top of the muffin batter. Bake for 17 minutes. I added butter, I couldn't help myself!

I hope you enjoy this recipe, I got it from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...