Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting


My 11 year old niece Hailey and I were in charge of dinner the other night and this is what she picked. When I make meatloaf at home I always use muffin tins instead of a loaf pan. I like that they are portioned out that way, everyone can have there own and I freeze the rest. They freeze well and my husband likes them for a quick meal (he doesn't cook) when I'm gone.

These are easy to make and you can use whatever recipe you would like. This is what we did for 6 people (we had leftovers).
Ingredients:
2 lbs of extra lean ground beef
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 small onion, chopped small
Garlic
Oatmeal
Ketchup
Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
Salt and pepper

We divided the meatloaf into muffin tins and then baked them for 35 to 40 min on 375 degrees. 


For the mashed potatoes Hailey peeled, cut up and boiled them. We whipped them and added milk, butter and fresh pressed garlic.


We used an ice cream scoop to frost them.  She was so proud of them!


Enjoy!
J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...