Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Oh Bananas!



I finally purchased a wire basket with a banana holder attached to it. I thought they were neat, but I only saw the holder no basket. It might be in my head but I think they do better hanging then sitting on the counter. My "on the counter food" was sitting in a serving bowl. Now I have freckled bananas hanging. Usually when I have very ripe bananas and they are sitting in a bowl and they are mushy. These where not bad, soft but not mushy. I thought about the things I could make, I was thinking of the first cake I made for my son. It was a banana snack cake. I found this recipe and put my own little twist on it.

Banana Chocolate Snack Cake

2 ripe bananas
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare an 8 by 8 baking pan, grease or line with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl mash bananas, add all ingredients except chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 35-37 minutes or when cake tester comes out clean. Let cool for 45 minutes.

I hope you enjoy!



I take my son to Autism therapy and their office has cake Wednesday's so I partake in it by eating or bringing, usually both. It's a wonderful thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...