Thursday, June 12, 2014

Grain-free Menu Plan

Since I am planning to go grain-free starting Saturday, I figured I should get a new menu together - my last one didn't quite work anymore :)  I actually managed to keep most of our regular meals - I just removed the grain items and either left it or added potatoes.  I also removed the lunch section and added a baked goods section.  I figured that since I would not be able to have store bought breads and treats, and I like to bake anyways, that I should try to find some recipes to make.  I am really hoping to find a sandwich bread for my lunches on the weekdays, so I am going to try a few different ones over the next few weeks.  I found a great blog about how to make your own flour/meal from nuts like almonds, cashews and peanuts - hopefully this will help bring the costs down since specialty flours can be pricey.  You might also notice that there seem to be a large amount of sweet items - don't be fooled - I always have sweet treats.  Usually, I don't include them in my menu planning - I just make what I feel like at the time.  Since I am making such a huge shift in the way I eat, I thought it would help me to see what my treat options are :) Also, I am not removing sugar or carbs from my diet - just grains.

Now, I just need to go grocery shopping and throw out all of my 'not allowed' foods - luckily I'm pretty low on those at my house since this is my weekend to shop anyways. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...