Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Carrot and Peanut Butter Dog Cake and a 1st Birthday Party


We had a first birthday party for our baby, Dex. Are you saying "What? A birthday party for a dog"? Yeah, we did it and had so much fun. My Peas gave me a puppy shower when we got him (my Peas rock!), so why not continue the crazy. We went to a nearby park, hung out with amazing friends (we missed you Beth), ate junk food, had cake and presents. 

I made Dex his very own birthday cake. It was really simple and he loved it. This recipe will make a small cake or a few cupcakes. I used a cake pan that makes the small cake for the top of a wedding cake and all of the batter fit nicely in it.

Ingredients: 
1 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 peanut butter
1/4 canola oil
1 egg 
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir together the flour and baking soda, then mix in all of your other ingredients.
Bake for about 30 to 35 min or until a butter knife comes out clean.

For the frosting I just threw some peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk into my Kitchenaid mixer and beat it on high for 5 min.


Dexter waiting for his party to start (and for the carrot in my hand)!

Dex eating a piece of his yummy puppy cake!




Happy Birthday Dexy!
The idea for the cake came from here.

Let your puppy enjoy!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...