Monday, June 9, 2014

An Update, and an I Told You So...


A few weeks ago I talked about making my own dishwasher tablets.  They worked great - except when they didn't.  The first few washes turned out just as good as anything I have gotten at the store, but then I started getting cloudy dishes.  My tupperware seemed to be the worst, but silverware and glasses also took a small hit.  It's hard to see but the glass on the left is cloudy, and the one on the right isn't.  (I tried getting a better picture, but this was the best one.)  At first I thought it was just the one load, but then every load started having issues - not cool.  So I went online and found a ton of people who had the same issue.  There were a few different ways that people used to solve their problems, so I wanted to try them and see what worked best for me.  After trying a few things, I found that 1/2 cup of lemon juice in the basin works for me.  I tried vinegar, but I think the lemon juice worked better.  If I have a particularly dirty load, I will also add 3 drops of dish soap.  This seems a little like cheating, but I would rather have clean dishes than worry about it :).  I also do one other thing that I never thought I would do...

Now, time for a funny story (and the I Told You So) - So one night I am trying to figure out how I am going to make this homemade dishwasher tablet thing work - I'm pretty attached to it for some reason - and Eric wants me to switch to the store bought stuff again.  So I am thinking of what I can do and I start rinsing off my dishes, and I think "well, it's not too bad rinsing the dishes off - especially if it means they will come out clean"...and I am about halfway through filling the dishwasher when it dawns on me - my mom was right all along, damnit, and now I have to admit that she was right!  And I have to say it made me laugh because I have resisted rinsing the dishes before loading them for years and now I do it, because it makes the dishes cleaner!!

So, Mom, you were right all along...Lol, that kinda hurt :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...