Monday, March 3, 2014

Oh Fabric! Let me count the ways...

I love fabric...I collect it, I sometimes use it, I always see more than I can buy and everytime I want to see one I have and pull it from the stack I have to refold it - along with several others above and below!  Anyone who missed how much I hate folding should see this post.

In an effort to reduce my folding frustration I (again) went to Pinterest.  I found several ways that people have organized their fabrics, but this is the one I like the most.  I bought two file cabinets from Target, which I use as the legs on my sewing table.  I would love to show you a picture of my awesome sewing room...except it is full of boxes, piles of random stuff and a path between the desk and door - lol - it's a work in progress.  I love hanging my fabric, and if I had 4 more filing cabinets I might actually have enough room for all of the fabric I hoard have.  There are less wrinkles and it is way easier to see what I have than the random way it was organized before (haha as if it was organized).   


It is a tiny step in the bigger project of organizing my sewing room, and even my house as a whole, but it has made such a big difference.  Not only has it helped keep my organizing train on track, but I have already used several pieces of fabrics to complete a few projects!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...