Monday, March 24, 2014

Pee Pee Covers


So many people I know are pregnant with boys right now, so I have been making these pee pee covers like crazy. I know everyone calls them different names, my husband really wanted me to go with smurf hats, but I thought I would keep it simple. They are just what they sound like - a little cover to cover a baby boy and stop the pee from hitting you and making a big mess. Pee pee covers are just as easy to make as they are to use.

What you will need:
For the stencil:
Pencil or pen
A bowl
A piece of paper

For the pee pee cover:
2 pieces of fabric. One for the outside (I use a cute flannel or cotton) and one piece of soft fabric for the inside (I use fleece or minky). Scraps work well for this project.
Thread


Put the bowl upside down on the paper and trace around it.


Cut out the circle. Mine looks out of shape because I use the same one every time and it's not use to being open.


Fold the circle in half.
  

Trace the half circle on both fabrics and out them out.


Put the two pieces together with the outside in and pin together. Sew around the half circle only and then flip it right side out. This photo shows one inside out and right side out.
  

Then you will want to fold your half circle in half lining up the ends and making sure the inside of your pee pee cover is facing outside. Next you will sew along the strait line. I like to trim the line with scissors after I sew the line, it just makes the seem look neat.


Last step is to pop it right side out.


These will make new mothers happy and be a fun conversation piece at the shower. I hope you have fun making these!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...