Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Steak Fingers



One of my favorite foods is Country Fried Steak.  Seriously - anytime we eat out for breakfast (or somewhere that has breakfast all day) I have to order it.  I have tried to duplicate it at home - sometimes successfully, sometimes not so much.  Then, a few years ago, I found these things called Steak Fingers...Yep - Country Fried Steak in finger food size!  They were soo yummy, but were only available for a few months.  I was very sad when they stopped selling them.
 
Then one day I realized I could easily make them for myself...then I decided I could probably make lots and freeze them!  That way I could have them anytime I wanted without the fuss.  So that's what I did.  I simply cut my cube steak up into strips and seasoned them, coated them with flour (which I added seasonings to as well), and fried them in oil with butter added.  I floured all of the strips at once, so they would have time to sit and absorb - if they needed more flour I recoated them.  For the oil, I only use enough to go halfway up the sides and added about a tablespoon of butter.  I use this trick with fried chicken as well because it makes them golden brown.  Besides - you know - butter makes everything better! 

They were delicious!  Then I froze half of them and made them the next night (I baked them at 375 degrees until hot) - and they were still delicious!  So now I always make extra and save them for another day...if only I could get them to last more than a few days without eating them all!        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...