Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Update

One of my favorite things to do is change out the items displayed in my dining room hutch.  I have so many knicknacks and things I have been given that I love, but I don't want everything out all the time.  Our goal is to have an uncluttered life - including our house and how we decorate.  This means we don't have a lot of areas that are open for clutter - plus less knicknacks means less dusting!  We do have at least one area (bookcase, shelf, hutch, ect) planned for each room, but the dining room is the only one that is completed.  I try to rotate the items that match the season and holidays, but there are also some things I always leave in.     
Here is a close up of how it looks now.  Do I get extra points for getting it done in time for Spring?


I still plan on putting some spring flowers in the vases, and I always find items that I have to buy a little later in the season (umm...75% off? Count me in!).  So it is always a work in progress, but most of these items I pulled out of boxes.  I always think of Spring colors as lighter greens, blues, yellows and pinks - can you tell?  I also apparently have an obsession with birds, and I wish I could say they were all on here but I would be lying.  

Here is a wider view.  Don't mind the pile of stuff in the background - I said our goal is to be uncluttered, not that we were there yet :)  I left it in because this gives you a good picture of how the hutch is situated, and what it looks like being the same color as the wall. I really like how it shows off all the colorful items.     


Has anyone else done any decorating for Spring?  I still need to add some Easter things in there, maybe I'll go shopping tonight!

Update:  Here is the hutch after I add a few things:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...