Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta


If you are looking for a quick, easy, no mess dinner - this is for you. It took my less then 10 minutes to throw it together and about 20 minutes to cook it.  While it was on the stove my whole house started to smell amazing and I couldn't wait to try it (this is saying a lot, because I'm not a huge pasta fan). It was really good and I think next time I will add some small fresh mozzarella balls at the end to make it a caprese pasta. You really could make this a bunch of different ways adding veggies, meat or other ingredients to change up the favors.  I found this recipe here. 
One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
Ingredients:

12 oz pasta (I used half spaghetti and half fettuccine)
2 cans of diced tomatoes 14.5 oz (I used ones with fennel and red peppers)
1 onion chopped
6 cloves of garlic sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 and a half tablespoons Italian seasoning
4 and a half cups of chicken or vegetable broth
A bunch of basil
 parmesan cheese (optional)
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional, I did not use them because they were already in the tomatoes, but if you use plain tomatoes I would use them)

Directions:

Throw everything in the pot except the basil and cheese (if using).


I broke the noodles in half after this photo.

Put a lid on the pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once it begins to boil - stir it, turn the stove down to low and put the lid back on. Stir every few minutes while the liquid gets absorbed, about 10 minutes or so. Once there is only a little liquid left add the basil and stir.

Your dinner is now done!  Put it on a plate, add cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...