Friday, March 7, 2014

Sweet Cherry Kiss

I've been dreaming about these cookies for awhile. I finally made them! 

I pinned this recipe just before Valentine's Day. The original recipe looked more red, with the addition of dye. I left it out because I figured it had enough color from the cherries. They really do look pretty, just not as vibrant as they do with the dye. 

I had to try them when they first came out. I was a little disappointed, I couldn't taste a lot of flavor. Luckily I tried them again and oh they got better. So it's best to let them sit. They are so buttery too! They should be with a full cup of butter in the batter! 

Here is the recipe:


In a big bowl add 2 sticks, 1 cup, of butter.


Add 1 cup of powdered sugar


Add 2 teaspoons of Maraschino Cherry juice, 1/2 tsp of Almond extract (Here you can add 4 drops of red food coloring if you want the cookies to look vibrant.)


This is what it looks like after mixing for a bit.


Add 1/2 tsp of Salt and 2 1/4 cups of flour.


Then add a generous 1/2 cup of chopped Maraschino Cherries.


The dough doesn't come together like other cookie dough. When you press the dough together it stays.


Roll into balls and place about 2 inch spaces. Bake at 350 degrres for 8-10 minutes.


When they come out, press unwrapped chocolate kisses into the center. I used dark chocolate kisses!


I didn't get all of the dough on the pan the first batch. I rolled these a bit bigger and I think I will do this next time. I had more room to place the chocolates and they look nicer.

I hope you enjoy these!

1 cup of butter
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of Maraschino Cherries
1/2 teaspoon of Almond Extract
4 drops of red food coloring (optional, I didn't add it to my recipe)
2 1/4 cups of Flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of chopped Maraschino cherry
unwrap chocolate kisses depending on how many cookies you make. I used 30

In a medium bowl mix butter, powdered sugar, Maraschino Cherries, Almond Extract, and dye if you using. Add flour and salt and mix. Fold in chopped cherries. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking pan 2 inches apart Bake 8-10 min in a 350 F oven.

I got the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...