Friday, February 28, 2014

Long Nights


We keep getting sick in this house! We are doing our best to keep it out. My husband has switched out our filter on our furnace and he added a filter to each register. We're hoping this really helps. In doing so, we discovered that some of the register's were closed and after we opened them all up I have noticed a better air flow. 

My husband had a standing doctor's appointment and at that appointment he was sick. The doctor said one of the bigger allergens in Washington is Dust Mites. Sometimes the symptoms look similar to a cold, like having a runny nose, cough and watery eyes. 

My husband is a huge tech guy, and because of this we have lots of components in our room. Our room stays very warm, and dust mites love heat. In our bedroom we noticed a quick collection of dust. We are not getting rid of these much needed components, so one of the things that we can do regularly to help witht he dust is vacuum once or twice a week. I have also read that it's best not to use pillows with feathers. We have pillow case covers but I'm thinking of switching out my feather pillows anyway just to be safe. We have a mattress cover that I wash with the bedding. I also have a bedding spray that uses enzymes to clean away body oil and dander, which I spray on the pillows while I'm cleaning the cases. It makes them smell so clean and fresh! Unfortunately, I cannot use it on my mattress because we have memory foam and that will destroy it. 

Tomorrow I will be doing all of this cleaning in our bedroom. I will also be getting a lot of stuff off of the floor so that we can do a carpet cleaning soon. We did a lot of dusting and I want the carpet cleaner to get what the vacuum couldn't pick up.

I'm off to start prepping for tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...