Monday, March 17, 2014

Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal...Fail



I love Pinterest and all the wonderful things and amazing ideas it has brought to my life. On the flip side - of all the great things that have worked there are also some fails. This was one of them and it was very  disappointing. The recipe calls for apples, water, brown sugar and cinnamon. You put it all in a slow cooker in layers and cook on low for 8-9 hours. So that's what I did, and it was very easy to throw together and smelled delicious. 

When I got up in the morning I went to check on it, I lifted the lid and found a big soupy burnt mess. It looked nothing like the photo above and was not edible at all!

This photo shows mine. The whole bottom and sides were burnt and I had to throw it all away. 


So I wish I could tell you how tasty this was and you could make an easy breakfast while sleeping, but it isn't going to happen with this recipe. Oh well, better luck next time! :)

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...