Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A no cooking baby shower...yes!


This last Saturday I hosted a baby shower for my friend. We discussed a while back about where to have it. She has a little one at home and didn't want to have to clean and pick up for the party and my house is too small. So we decided on a restaurant. I started looking online and called around for somewhere to host it. Some places were out of my price range, but I finally found the perfect place. It was on the water and we would be tucked away and still be around other diners.

There's usually something I forget to bring, but this time I didn't forget anything! I did however go to the wrong restaurant - I thought I knew where I was going! I picked up Jamie and she too thought we were going to a different place, bad intel! It was me! The Peas took me out to lunch to a similar place for my birthday. To be fair, one place was called The Beach House the other Beach Cafe and they are less than a mile apart from each other. Because we were late most of the ladies were already there, so Jamie and I set up the shower with them sitting there. I had everything planned out and I didn't want it to go waste!


I had arranged the flowers myself with orange and yellow roses, yellow tulips and willow curly branches. My theme for the shower was a woodsy yet elegant setting. I found a lot of things at Pier 1. They have these great moss covered rock decorations that I picked up. They also had wicker balls that I added to my idea, and one of my favorite new items, votive lanterns.

I also found these round log plates online, they look like someone took a piece right from the center of a tree and called it a plate. I picked up a few to use as risers, but since I got there late I just used the one I had the cake on. It looked amazing! I made these really cute party favors of a canning drinking glass with paper grass. Nail polish and a nail file. I wrapped a printed hair tie around the rim.


The restaurant had a little table for presents. I was originally planning on having that beautiful platter on the table for cards. It has silver handles, which ties in with the vases.

We were able to play a few games before the presents and cake. Just as we were leaving the sun started to set. Everyone had a great time. No one needed to clean up, except for the stuff I brought with me - but that was easy. All in all it was a fun shower. I always tell people when they ask me to host that I need help because I don't do decorations well. Now I can no longer say that - I'm proud of what I accomplished. This couldn't have been done with out my husband watching our son who just had surgery a couple of days prior, and Jamie - I love her support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...