Thursday, July 24, 2014

Blah, Blah, Blah...

I have been spending a lot of energy on working out lately - so I really haven't been working on any fun projects to share!  I am getting home late and tired four days a week - I'm lucky if I still want to make dinner!  Although I have been hungry a lot lately, so I guess I shouldn't worry about not eating :)                   I thought that for today I would share some of the fun things that have been happining - some of them without any help from me...
One of the most exciting things for me is that I have zucchini growing!  I have already eaten some and I have 2 that I am going to be picking tonight for dinner.  I almost had a bad moment when the first few zucchini that started growing got to about 3" and then started getting yellow - I thought for sure I did something wrong - but it turns out they were not pollinated.  Since it's my first time growing zucchini I had no idea it will start growing before it is pollinated!  I don't seem to be having that problem anymore (I think it was just too hot for the bees before), but I do check them every day now.  Eric keeps getting confused and calling them cucumbers - I swear he is doing it on purpose now. 

I also have tomatoes growing.  I did not get huge tomato plants like someone I know and love, but I still got tomatoes!  My plants are between 18-24" and have at least a dozen quarter-sized romas growing already.  I planted my seeds directly outside in May, so they are months behind most, but I wanted to see how it would go.  I think next year I will start them inside, but we still have a few more months to see how they do.  My artichokes seem to be struggling but holding on.  I have to go out and thin them down to just a few plants, but it is so hard for me to knowingly 'kill' a plant that is growing.  I have grown artichokes before and I actually had them die back completely after transplanting and they regrew and even gave me a few artichokes to eat (the ants got the rest).  For now I water them and leave them to do their thing.  I also got one strawberry from my new patch - but by the time it turned red something decided it would be a tasty treat so boo...

We haven't made a ton of progress on our ongoing house projects - we have had a lot of events and random things come up the last few weeks.  I did get my cabinets ordered for the islands and pantry in the kitchen.  Now I just have to wait for them to arrive - should be 4 more weeks or so...We have also been working on finishing some small projects and planning what we want to finish before the end of the year.

The thing I have been mostly focused on recently is also the least fun - working out.  I have ramped up the amount I have been working out - I now do 2 days of 60 min cardio (Zumba lol - I am awful at it but it is fun and I sweat a lot!), 2 days of 45 min weight training and 30 min of cardio, and a day of moving (going for a walk, building a fire pit, some type of activity).  So yeah, 5 days of working out.  I am tired, hungry and sore all the time - and I have discovered I am incapable of eating healthy and working out at the same time.  I am easily swayed by food that smells good.  I also talk myself into eating more snacks/treats because I worked out and I hurt so I get a treat right?  All that aside, I have been noticing small differences in my arms, legs and face.  Eric says I look slimmer, but I don't really see that, and the scale is not helping because I gained 3 pounds last week.  I just keep telling myself it's muscle gain and if I keep going eventually I will lose weight.

Have a great day and enjoy the weekend!!
Beth  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...