Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Lazy Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cookie (Just One)


Is there anything better than melted chocolate and peanut butter?  It's one of my favorite combinations!  One night I was having a major craving for something sweet, but I was also feeling pretty lazy.  Luckily, this recipe is both easy and yummy! 

At first I was just going to make peanut butter cookies, but then I started thinking about how to add chocolate to them (My first thought was using mini chocolate chips).  Then I decided I really didn't want to spend a lot of time making individual cookies, so I thought I would try making a large cookie.  (Which I realise makes it a bar instead of a cookie, but I like the visual of a large cookie lol)  So, yeah - laziness totally created this recipe.

I used the following cookie recipe from here, and then made changes :)   

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar or 1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Choose your baking dish and use parchment paper to line the bottom. (I used my small, round casserole dish, but there was enough cookie dough to put it into a 9" square dish)  Put a layer of chocolate chips on the bottom of your pan.

In a mixer, combine butter and peanut butter. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour and mix until combined.

Spread your cookie dough evenly over the chocolate chips.  Bake until top is browned.  Peanut butter cookies don't set until they are completely cooled, so the center may look slightly undercooked. 

Let cool for 10 min and flip onto a plate.  You can either eat it right away or let it cool completely.  We did both, but Eric said he thought it was way better the next day.  If you eat it warm, it's all gooey and warm and yummy.  If you eat it cold (from the fridge), it's soft and crunchy and yummy.  I don't think you could go wrong either way!!

Enjoy!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...