Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Blackberry Cobbler


I went to a farmers market and picked up a bunch of berries - they had blackberries which are my husbands favorite! He really likes pie, but I didn't time to make one. I will tomorrow or the next day, but I knew a cobbler would suffice for now. So I searched for a good recipe and found this quick recipe and I was happy! I love dump cakes and this seems very similar. The recipe called for self-rising flour. I made mine and will show that in my recipe. If you have self-rising flour use 1 cup.

Recipe:

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
11/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup sugar (1/4 cup reserved for topping)
1 cup milk
1 stick of butter melted
2 generous cups blackberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and butter an 8x8 pan. In a medium bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 cup sugar. Stir in milk and mix until well blended, add melted butter and pour batter into pan. Sprinkle berries on top evenly and then sprinkle the remaining sugar on top of the berries and bake for 1 hour. Enjoy with ice cream or whip cream if desired.



Something to look forward to...the edges of the cobbler get crispy from the butter, those edges are my favorite!

I hope you enjoy!
F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...